Thanks Jonathan!
So let's see if I got this right.
Just like an overview data being stored like HashMap<row, SortedMap<name,
val>>
and in case of a superColumnFamily HashMap<row, SortedMap<super,
SortedMap<name, val>>>?

Does that mean that when using columns as indexes we need to deserialize
So when asking for a column in  a row, the whole row structure first need to
be deserialized
and then we can get the columns we are looking for?

And in that case when using rows as indexes instead of columns we only need
to read

--
Regards Erik