On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM, Jeffrey Johnson <ortel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> wouldnt nosqlgigs.com ala djangogigs.com be simpler than ning? Seems
> like this could/should be about a 1-2 hour job for someone to stand
> up?

It all depends. Just wanted to mention it -- Ning networks are general
purpose, not optimized for specific use.
That is both a plus and minus: you can make it anything you want (as
in, job searching; context of no-sql technologies, maybe even specific
systems), but it is not by default optimized for that purpose. It is
very quick set up tho, certainly much less than an hour for basic
thing. I did my network in <5 minutes a year ago. And then you can
spend lotsa time for customizing it over time, get hooked and all that
stuff.

But I really just wanted to mention it as a possible way, there are
n+1 ways to go.

And yes, this worked very well for the original applicant, which is
great. I just hope it will not become too popular a discussion
subject. :-)

-+ Tatu +-