0.6 has Hadoop map/reduce support (see contrib/wordcount for an
example) but this is more for analytics (small numbers of large
queries) than live web app style load.

Cassandra also has range queries (get_slice_range) -- performing a
slice across sequential rows, where you don't necessarily know all the
keys in advance -- which is suitable for low latency queries.