I can't quite decide if to go with a flat schema, with keys repeated
in different CFs
or have one CF with nested supercolumns.

I guess there is no straight answer here,  but what's a good reasoning
about the choice?

This two mutation maps should clarify my dillemma:

deep_mutation_map = {
        'example_item': {
                'Items': [

                        Mutation(SuperColumn('details', [
                                Column('title', 'an article'),
                                Column('link', 'www.example.com')
                        ])),

                        Mutation(SuperColumn('likers', [
                                Column('user_1', 'xx'),
                                Column('user_2', 'xx')
                        ]))
                ]
        }
}

flat_mutation_map = {
        'example_item': {
                'Item_Info': [
                        Mutation(Column('title', 'an_article')),
                        Mutation(Column('link', 'www.example.com')),
                ],
                'Item_likers': [
                        Mutation(Column('user_1', 'xx')),