Yes, I can update that one entry. But what if that subcolumn key is used
across many different places?

['Jones-Bob']['connections']
['Hacker-Alyssa-1ab54760-2ca8-11df-aabd-005056c00001']
['Crabtree-Sam']['connections']
['Hacker-Alyssa-1ab54760-2ca8-11df-aabd-005056c00001']
['Rice-Brown']['connections']
['Hacker-Alyssa-1ab54760-2ca8-11df-aabd-005056c00001']

I can update every single entry but now I need to keep track of them (which
I guess I'm doing anyway). I was wondering if there was a more elegant
solution but it seems unlikely based on the given constraints.