I'm applying validation to my forms and note that when I use
Form.TextFieldValue("myTarget.Project","somevalue") the validation
decorated on the object in PropertyBag["myTargetType"] is failing, but
when I just use Form.TextField("myTarget.Project") the validation JS
is generated correctly.

Is the lack of javascript generation by design or an oversight? It
seems like validation javascript should be generated regardless of
whether a value is provided or not.

I realize I could use 'defaultValue="somevalue"' but I am not sure why
in either case validation wouldn't be generated.

BTW, I am using the JQueryValidator.

Mike