Most of the classes listed below are four weeks in length, with a price of $175.

We accept registrations through the first week of class (unless enrollment is
full).

Classes are taught asynchronously, so participants can do the work as their
schedules allow.

Details on these courses are at http://libraryjuiceacademy.com/courses.php

September courses, open for registration through this weekend:

Grant Proposal Development for Libraries

Grace Agnew

Getting to Know Your Users through Interviews and Focus Groups

Jennifer Sweeney

Introduction to Legal Materials for Information Professionals

Eliza Fink

Game-Based Learning in Library Instruction

Scott Rice

Caring for Collections

Beth Knazook

Introduction to Accessibility and Universal Design in Libraries

Carli Spina

Writing for the Web

Nicole Capdarest-Arest

Agile Library Operations: Introduction to Scrum and the Agile Manifesto

Aaron Collie

Transforming and Querying XML with XSLT and XQuery

Robert Chavez

New Directions in Information Literacy: Growing Our Teaching Practices

Andrea Baer

October

Introduction to Digital Humanities for Librarians

John Russell

Cultural Competence for the Academic Librarian

Shaundra Walker

Service Design: Towards a Holistic Assessment of Library Services

Joe J. Marquez

Everyday Statistics for Librarians

Jennifer Sweeney

Authority Control

Natalie Hall

Effective Communication Strategies

Deborah Schmidle

Introduction to GIS and GeoWeb Technologies

Eva Dodsworth

Introduction to Knowledge Management Systems for Libraries

Valerie Forrestal

Developing a Website Content Strategy

Rebecca Blakiston

Introduction to the Semantic Web

Robert Chavez

Translating the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy into Our Teaching
Practices

Andrea Baer

Introduction to Archives Administration and Management

Christine D'Arpa

November

Metadata Design

Grace Agnew

Creating an Oral History Project

Carmen Cowick

Patent Searching for Librarians

Michael White

Planning and Leading Effective Team Meetings

Deborah Schmidle

Evaluating Service Quality and Patron Satisfaction

Jennifer Sweeney

Student Staff Development

Jeremy McGinniss

Getting Started with Digital Image Collections

Beth Knazook

Transforming Your Teaching Toolkit

Maria T. Accardi

RDFa1.1 (RDFa and RDFa Lite) and RSS

Robert Chavez

Introduction to Library Classification in Dewey and LC

Catelynne Sahadath

Backward Design for Information Literacy Instruction

Andrea Baer

Research Data Management

Jillian Wallis

While academic programs focus on conceptual understanding of foundations, we
focus on the kinds of skills thatlibrary schools generally expect librarians to
learn on-the-job, but which usually turn out to require additional study. These
workshops earn Continuing Education Units, and are intended as professional
development activities. Workshops are taught asynchronously, so you can
participate as your own schedule allows.

Library Juice Academy

P.O. Box 188784

Sacramento, CA 95818

Tel. 218-260-6115