On 1/31/07, Victor Igumnov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

To see the impact of the memory leak.

Run broken.pl first which will run formbuilder against your installed version.
It will create a new formbuilder instance over and over, watch top -o size as
it grows to 100-200 megs in just a few seconds.

Now run fixed.pl  - works great don't it? No memory leaks what so ever.

I have also included a CatTest catalyst project which uses C::C::FormBuilder.
With everything patched up the process stays at ~14 megs while being hammered
by ab -n 900 -c 100 http://localhost:3000/.

So the question is am I the only one using formbuilder? This leak was very
obvious.

All tests pass for both projects.

http://temp.fabulously40.com/~victori/CGI-FormBuilder-3.05-memfix.tbz

-victor

Thank you Victor for pointing out the memory leak. I've attached your
diff files here to make it easier on folks.

After looking at it, I think your patch is just a workaround for the
circular references in CGI::FormBuilder and fixing these problems
directly instead of cloning references is a better approach.  I have
submitted a bug report to Nate at
http://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=24696 and he has already
said he would look into it.

Juan