Can someone with access to the problem platform rig up a minimal app and a
failing test case please.

Not that I'm volunteering to fix it or anything, it's just that's the best
way to get it fixed.

http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2006/7 should point you in the
right direction though.

On another vein of thought I wonder if HTTP::Recorder would illuminate the
problem at all.  It's a bit buggy though so that would be a bit of a long
shot.