Brian Kirkbride wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've been working with Chained actions, and like many others have found
> them to be incredibly useful for setting up DBIC result sets before
> reaching an endpoint.
>
> The one thing that has been bothering me is that to start a chain in
> some controller, say MyApp::C::Admin::Services you would need to declare:
>
>   sub get_id : Chained('/') : PathPart('/admin/services') :
> CaptureArgs(1) {
>   # stash the id or do some lookup
>   }
>
> It's most likely my ignorance showing, but this seems redundant and not
> very DRY.  That's why I'd suggest that PathPart('.') set a chained
> action's PathPart to the namespace on the controller.  That way you
> could simply do:
>
>   sub get_id : Chained('/') : PathPart('.') : CaptureArgs(1) {}

I feel the same way really. Why make we hard code the private controller
path... when I'm in the controller already...now I have to things to
change if I change the controller name...

Then again, if I'm chaining actions across controllers, verbose is
better imho.

Then again, again...chained makes my brain melt to begin with. :-)

-=Chris