Adeola Awoyemi escribió:
Hi all,

Is there a way to do an internal redirect in Catalyst?

In my application I'm generating images on the fly and want to redirect to the image if creation succeeds.

For instance:

    $image = Imager->new()
    $image->read( file => $src_file );
    $new_img = $image->copy->scale( xpixels => 32, ypixels => 32 );
    if ( $new_img->write( file => $new_filename ) ) {
        # do internal redirect to new file here
    }

I tried using "$c->response->redirect( $new_filepath )" but that issues a 302 "Temporarily Moved" status. But what I actually want is a way to do the redirect outside of the response chain.

I hope this is clear?!

Hi,

another option would be to store the generated files somewhere under the control of the Static::Simple plugin, and then redirect the user there:

$c->res->redirect( $c->uri_for('/static/', 'path/to/my/file') );

See Catalyst::Plugin::Static::Simple documentation for details on how to define what directories it takes care of.

--R