One idea is to not encrypt the URI but MD5 it to prevent URL tampering. Another layer of security for authorization.

On May 17, 2007, at 2:26 PM, Matt S Trout wrote:

On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 07:17:40PM +0530, Harshal Shah wrote:
I am trying to encrypt / decrypt all the paths used in my application

is there a better way to do this ??

Er ... don't encrypt the URI in the first place and use normal authentication?

I can't think of a case where what you're trying to do would be a good idea, could you please explain -why- you're doing it and then maybe we can suggest
a better way to achieve your goals?

--
Matt S Trout Need help with your Catalyst or DBIx::Class project? Technical Director Want a managed development or deployment platform? Shadowcat Systems Ltd. Contact mst (at) shadowcatsystems.co.uk for a quote http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http:// www.shadowcatsystems.co.uk/