Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
On Dec 2, 2007 12:38 PM, Ian Docherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Zbyszek
You have to remember that Siemens are responsible for ensuring the
stability of the public facing infrastructure.
This makes it important not to introduce new modules, or upgrade
existing modules, without an extensive
testing period to make sure it works with all existing applications. The
trouble with this is that it is easier to
keep stable (or work around existing known problems) by not installing
anything new.

Sure - but as I understand BBC is their client and this policy makes
the life of BBC programmers pretty miserable.
Yes, it does make for a pretty frustrating work environment sometimes and although Siemens should
be working for the BBC it often feels like the other way around.
This does not sound
like a good business direction.  I know this is not a simple problem,
and to solve it we will have to get through to the management level,
but we actually are in much better position to reach that level than
the poor BBC employees.

--
Zbyszek
http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/