On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 09:22:19PM +0200, Marius Kjeldahl wrote:
> ><form> tags should have accept-charset
>
> I tried this but couldn't get it working correctly, which may be
> entirely my fault of course.

What does "couldn't get it working" mean?  You couldn't get an
accept-charset on your form tags?

> >C::P::Unicode::Encoding should be used (I suggest with reservations).
> >That will decode parameters and encoding output.
>
> I looked into this and related modules trying to figure out exactly
> where to do what, which lead me to the solution posted.

It's just a plugin in.  You add it to the use Catalyst list of
plugins.  It only decodes $c->req->parameters (failing to decode
body_parameters, btw) and then encodes the $c->req->body in
finalize().

> >If your templates are UTF8 then ENCODING => 'UTF-8' when creating TT
> >object.
>
> Tried this as well. Didn't work. As far as I managed to figure out, that
> solution requires the plugin you mentioned, or a similar one (possibly
> ending in Encode instead of Encoding - I'm taking this from memory while
> googling for a solution to my problem).

Again, not sure what "didn't work" means, but it doesn't require any
other modules -- it just says your templates should be decoded as the
encoding you specify:

    perldoc -m Template::Provider

search for ENCODING

--