Hello Everyone,

Got a question about utf8 conversions on the fly. I was wondering if
anyone had experience and some pointers of good practices for taking a
webpage thats stored as a blob in mysql then serving that page after its
been converted to utf8. Right now the way this is implemented is
conversion before storage but I never liked that idea. The engineer who
did it thought utf8 conversion is always going to be a smooth thing. I
also don't like the fact we don't store the orginal copy of the page in
the db its the converted copy. So I wanted to see if anyone here had
good suggestions on how the original can be stored and just converted on
the fly.

Thanks,
Ali Mesdaq (CISSP, GIAC-GREM)
Security Researcher II