Ya I agree that doc is a little wacky - I tend to craft my own urls & set the HTTP method appropriately - I stick the JSON-encoded data in a 'data' request parameter & have my auto sub in my Root controller peel it off of there & put it in $c->data so it all looks the same after that.

like:

    if (my $data = $c->stash->{raw_params}->{data}) {
        $c->req->data(decode_json($data));
    }

        Mark