kevin montuori escribió:
i'm wondering why you wouldn't have two models with different connection
information but that use the same schema?

Because I wouldn't want application code touched for every user created or deleted... Every user will have a new db, and user creation should be automatable. Adding new model classes would imply restarts for every user added / deleted.

i might be mistaken, but it
seems that tying a user to a physical database circumvents some of the
abstraction MVC provides.

Exact same schema for every user. I think It's really the same level of abstraction. The app only uses one database per user. No info from databases of other users is needed.

Regards,

Jose Luis Martinez
[EMAIL PROTECTED]