That's the only place to have $c in the entire code, and you only copy over the bits that you want:

$self = bless({ %$self,
                  model_accessor => $c->model('MyModel')->whatever,
              }, ref($self));
  return $self;

then in view::TT:

sub whatever {
my $self = @_;
$self->model_accessor->do_stuff;
}

On 13/12/2008, at 1:59 AM, Hugh Hunter wrote:

This doesn't exactly solve my problem, because I'm not in need of the
context object in my view, rather I'm trying to use my view where no context
object exists.

I solved my issue last night by factoring out my custom filters into a
separate module that I could use Template Toolkit proper (rather than the
catalyst view).

Thanks for the advice!

--Hugh