From: Merlyn Kline

      It could be also helpful if we could find a way to create urls like

      http://user.hostname.com/

      dynamicly as Google blogger site does.
  We do this with a wildcard A record in the DNS and an Apache URL rewriting
rule that moves the hostname into the path. When I started writing my app (in
Catalytic pre-history) there wasn't any support (that I could see) in Catalyst
for using the hostname in the rules that decide when an action is invoked and
what parameters to pass to it. Things have moved on a lot since then though so
perhaps the URL rewriter could be replaced with a better action description now.
  Merlyn

  If others don't know more about a newer and better way as you suggested, can
you give some hints about the way you told about?

  Thanks.

  Octavian