On 01/05/2009, at 9:22 AM, kakim...@tpg.com.au wrote:

Any suggestions for a sane(r) approach? As it's a plugin I've used I
might be able to find some tuits to experiment with an
implementation.

Are there many of us using ImageMAgick in their apps?

I'm just tempted to use Catalyst::Request and
Image::Magick::Thumbnail::Fixed or Image::Resize directly (ie not as a
Catalyst plugin).

Makes much more sense for the simple case. For the more complex case put it in the Model, or render up an obect as an appropriate image type in the view, like Catalyst::View::GD or Catalyst::View::Graphics::Primitive.