From: J. Shirley
  > Trusting Google to give you the latest version is probably a pretty bad
idea :)
  > To derail this conversation a little bit, perhaps the canonical meta tag
pointing to the most recent release would do well on older versions still
sitting on > CPAN?  I'm not sure how else to coerce Google into always linking
to the most recent version of whatever it finds.
  > That, and the "Latest Release" on CPAN is busted.  It points to 5.7003
which then goes to a Not Found page.  Ick.

  There could be a permalink to the latest version on CPAN, and a program that
handles the 404 Not Found errors which could get the module name (without
version) and redirect to that permalink.

  This way, if the older versions are removed from CPAN, the Google always
would return the latest version of the found module.

  Octavian