On 6 Jul 2009, at 02:56, kakim...@tpg.com.au wrote:

Using die(' A problem occurred when saving your address. Please try
again later' );,
I would get an error message such as "Exception caught in
myApp::Controller::Subscription->_save_address" which doesn't look so
good to the users.
that's why I used $c->error.

Please tell me if it's bad practice?

No, what you're doing is fine and supported, but I generally arrange to throw exception objects (instead of strings).

These don't get in any way mangled by Catalyst, allowing you to fiddle with them in end to do things such as internationalizing them, or serializing them in API interfaces, and also means that I have less flow control to deal with in exceptional cases..

But throwing strings around is however a perfectly valid technique.

Cheers
t0m