On 15/07/2009, at 9:45 PM, kakim...@tpg.com.au wrote:

hi guys

i am trying to figure out how to bring my app for production.

Looked at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Catalyst-Manual/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#FastCGI_Deployment
and i am just wondering if anyone can add more description for FAST CGI
deployment in catalyst cookbook?

For example, there's a bunch of configuration in step 2 of FAST CGI
deployment (title of "2. Configure your application").
The problem I am having here is that there is no mention of WHERE should
the configuration should be put in.

You need to show us explicitly what you have tried so far for anyone to be able to point out the error of your ways.

At the risk of seeming facetious, I suggest that you obtain the new Catalyst book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1430223650 disclaimer: I am the primary author), read chapter 5 on deployment, and once you understand that you can patch the documentation for the benefit of others. This is how I got started writing docs for Catalyst, because I was frustrated that the instructions were not easy and obvious to me, and I needed something I knew I could follow. The book follows the same principle, which is why about a third of it is written by other people. Firstly it means I can safely forget what I already know and look it up instead, and secondly I can stand on the shoulders of people who are taller than me :) and look up what they have to say as well.

If you're close to Sydney, Sydney.pm will be having a book launch (where there is a chance of winning a copy), probably on Tuesday the 28th of July. I'll be sure to announce it on this list.