On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
* On Fri, Jul 24 2009, Ali M. wrote:
In that case can you post numbers, how many copies the book sold?
This can be a good health check indication for how well the framework
is perceived and how popular it it!

Maybe JRockway can also tell us how many copies his book sold!

This data is generally not supposed to be disclosed.  But, I can say
with confidence that there are many thousands of Catalyst users -- way
more than you'd expect from reading the mailing list or irc channel.
(And the cat list / channel are among the busiest Perl forums.)

(Sales have not dropped off much, either.)

I feel compelled out of a sense of honesty to announce that most
of the sales were to me.

I mistakenly bought 17,645 copies in the belief they were signed
by the author. A fortune teller had promised me he was about
to shoot the President and I expected to make a mint. Bad luck
on all accounts.

-Ashley