On 6 Aug 2009, at 11:50, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

Hi,

Can you recommend a Linux distribution for production for Catalyst apps?

...and a version of Perl?

I'm using both debian lenny (perl 5.10) and ubuntu hardy (perl 5.8) in production.

I've never had a problem with the perl version that debian ship, but obviously, using the distro perl ties you to a specific OS version. If this is likely to be a problem for you / you're not willing to put the effort into testing your app in sync with distro upgrades, then building your own perl would be recommended.

RedHat (or Centos) is also fine, however I'd _highly_ recommend building your own perl on those platforms - as RedHat have managed to ship a hideously broken perl on several occasions...

Cheers
t0m