On Sep 12, 2009, at 10:53 AM, Lyle wrote:
Hi All,
So far all the Catalyst testing I've done has been with WWW::Mechanize.

I'm just writing tests for a Catalyst component I've written that only produces one TT view, everything else is done with JQuery/AJAX/ JSON. It would be nice to test all the JQuery from the Perl test suite... But how?

If there isn't a good way to do it from the Perl tests, then what is the strategy for automated testing of JQuery code in Catalyst apps?

Selenium + Perl. It executes the tests within a running browser. Requires Java to run the browser controller (the Selenium server). There is a sweet IDE plugin for Firefox for writing the tests. Google around for it. There are many examples, docs, and supporting modules.

http://search.cpan.org/search?query=selenium&mode=all

-Ashley