On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 07:02 -0600, Paul Falbe wrote:
> I'm looking to create a little app to edit/create HTML strings to
> store in a mysql table.  These strings are going to be displayed on
> a web page for annoucements for a youth baseball league.  Before I
> went about creating one I thought I'd ask if there is a plugin/example
> out there I should use as a starting point.  Basically, I need a
> Catalyst html editor plugin if such a thing exists.

Not Catalyst specific, but I've used ckeditor* in the past - it's a
drop-in replacement for <textarea> with a load of configuration options.

Bear in mind the obvious security risks of letting people input HTML and
then injecting it directly into your site - at a bare minimum you want
to strip out javascript stuff, including onclick etc.

* used to be called fckeditor, seems to have changed recently.