From: "J. Shirley" <jshir...@gmail.com>
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Octavian Rasnita <orasn...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

In Makefile.PL I have the following line:

requires 'DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader' => '0.05003';

When I do
perl Makefile.PL

shouldn't that line require and install this version of
DBIx::Class::Schema::Loder?

I have a 0.04... version, but after `perl Makefile.PL` the new version was
not installed and it happened the same with other modules.

I use Perl 5.10.0 under Debian.

Thanks.

What's the output of 'perl Makefile.PL'?  It certainly should, and
I've never seen it not correctly listing deps.

-J

After I do
perl Makefile.PL it ends without asking me if I want to install some required modules, exactly as when it is all right.

But I've just discovered:

r...@ebroker:~# perl -MDBIx::Class::Schema::Loader -e 'print "$DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::VERSION\n"'
0.04005
r...@ebroker:~# su www-data
www-d...@ebroker:~$ perl -MDBIx::Class::Schema::Loader -e 'print "$DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::VERSION\n"'
0.05003
www-d...@ebroker:~$

So the user www-data sees a newer version of this module because it has the following PERL5LIB:
/srv/perl5/lib/perl5:/srv/perl5/lib/perl5:/srv/perl5/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
while the user root has no PERL5LIB environment variable defined.

I have installed most of the modules using local::lib, but I couldn't install some of them because they give an error telling that they can't create the directory
/home/t1
where it tries to install the modules, (t1 was an old user that doesn't exist anymore). This error is given by the module ExtUtils::Install but even though I searched in many places I couldn't find where it gets that "t1" from.

Octavian