In what way is the "under" Catalyst? Is there any integration needed? If not, this sounds like all you need to do is configure your web server so that /blog => wordpress. Then your web server will simply peek the URLs and send all requests that begin /blog... to your PHP area, while everything else can fall through to Catalyst or whatever else you have installed. In this sense, /blog... is not under Catalyst control, but to the user they will look sort of integrated.

The static files are not processed, just transmitted as is. So no PHP will get run on anything there. Although it might be possible to process them with PHP by running PHP from Catalyst, I am pretty sure you would not want to go there.

All the best
Stuart
--
Stuart Watt
ARM Product Developer

Charles wrote:
I don't want to implement code for a blog. What's the easiest way to
incorporate wordpress on my site under my single  catalyst instance .
I'm going to download the wordpress code and not have it hosted elsewhere.

I'd like to have the blog like mydomainname.com/blog . I've got a
root/static/images dir currently where my images live and the
mydomainname.com/static/images/foo.jpg is all visible . I would think that the
blog code could go in the static dir but doesn't seem to just work out of the
box.

Any hlp apprec as always.

I'm running catalyst-runtime 5.7014 .

-C