Good afternoon,

On 6/03/10 at 2:40 PM +1100, Kieren Diment <dim...@gmail.com> wrote:

Depends how specific your layout requirements are and the kind of document you want to produce. LaTeX is pretty straightforward really, but you don't really have the fine grained control that other document formats have, so if you have exotic layout requirements it's going to be annoying.

http://stp.lingfil.uu.se/~zrajm/nerd/LaTeX/quickguide.html is a good enough start. You don't need to know all of that.

Thanks, that was a good intro. It looks like I could almost get away with a simple LaTeX table for the form. But I can see myself getting bogged down by the details; I think latex is going to be "too hard" for this project. I may still come back to it as best option though.

And it was good to get the LaTeX basics, I can start thinking about how I can use it for the next project.

Thanks again for the info.

Charlie

--
   Ꮚ Charlie Garrison ♊ <garri...@zeta.org.au>
   〠 PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt