On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 09:39:14AM -0800, Seth Daniel wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 08:24:03AM +0000, Tomas Doran wrote:
> >
> > On 7 Feb 2012, at 23:55, Seth Daniel wrote:
> >>
> >> Anybody else seen this or have any idea what's going on?  I'm
> >> currently
> >> working on a small program that demonstrates this but it may be a day
> >> before I can really get to that.
> >>
> >> Thanks for any assistance.
> >

> > I've seen something similar reported on irc (but an actual bug report -
> > or demonstration never followed through).
> >
> > I can guess what's going on here - which is that --background is closing
> > file handles you don't want to to close, this would be the fault of
> > MooseX::Demonize (or our use thereof).
> >
> > This is a core bug (not a bug in the starman script or log4perl) - even
> > if you don't get any further, can you report an RT so it doesn't get
> > lost?
>
> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=74786
>
> I amended my initial report to this list by mentioning I am using
> MooseX::Daemonize 0.13.

I've attached a small tarball to this e-mail.  From the root of the dist
run:
  $ start_app --background --pidfile /tmp/app-server.pid

Once it has started you can
  $ wget http://localhost:3000

You can then see in app-server.pid that logging is now going there and
not to app-server.log.

If I figure out how I will append this to the RT ticket as well.
--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org