Hello -

I am semi new to Perl and Catalyst.  I have walked through the Catalyst
tutorial a couple times and have also picked up a couple books and done much
googling that always seem to get me close but leave me hanging.

Have been looking at tons of docs for catalyst::controller::rest and
catalyst::view::json amongst many others and can't find joy.

Anyway -- I think I would be on the right track if someone solved this basic
inquiry:

Working from this example:
http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2009/22# An AJAX CRUD Interface with
Catalyst and
jQuery<http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2009/22#%20An%20AJAX%20CRUD%20Interface%20with%20Catalyst%20and%20jQuery>

which I have working fine, fwiw...

How would you expose the "created" column from the db (schema came from here:
http://search.cpan.org/~bobtfish/Catalyst-Manual-5.9003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/04_BasicCRUD.pod<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ebobtfish/Catalyst-Manual-5.9003/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Tutorial/04_BasicCRUD.pod>
 and is, in this example, a sqlite TIMESTAMP col) in the JSON generated by the API controller's
grid_POST method?

If I simply add the column to the API controller here:

<snip>
   $data{rows}  = [
       map { +{
           id => $_->id,
           cell => [
               $_->id,
               $_->title,
               $_->rating,
               $_->author_list,
               $_->created,
           ]
       } } $paged_rs->all
   ];
</snip>

The app throws this:

Content-Type application/json had a problem with your request.
***ERROR***
encountered object '2012-02-29T17:16:27', but neither allow_blessed enabled nor
TO_JSON method available on it at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.12.4/Catalyst/Action/Serialize/JSON.pm line 39.

And I realize I'm not serializing the timestamp appropriately (and how data
with colons are bound to cause issues in JSON)...  but this simple thing is
what I haven't been able to solve.

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thanks -

Steve

P.S.  For penance I will create some documentation of the working example and
check it in somewhere useful or host a living doc on one of my websites to help
others.

Steve Seremeth | Release Engineer
[Dealer.com]
steve.serem...@dealer.com<mailto:{Message%20Sender}>