On 17 Oct 2012, at 16:49, Craig Chant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I’ve been going round in circles unable to find any help on why my catalyst
> application won’t work on IIS7 Windows Server 2008 R2
>
> I find all the documentation to be incorrect,, such as setting the path to
> ‘*’ stops all static content being served from the root/static directory , I
> had to put ‘*.’ For images etc to show.

Patch please?

> Now I cannot get any path to be recognised,
> http://mydomain/mycontroller/mymethod does nothing, and all that will load is
> the Root.pm -> sub index :Path :Args(0) method.

> It doesn’t matter what URL I point my browser to all I ever get is the
> welcome screen from the Root.pm index method.
>
> If I use localhost for the devel server the app resolves the URL path
> correctly and the associated action runs from the correct controller.
>
> However, over IIS7 it will not work and I cannot find any resources to
> explain why.
>
> Please help!

You haven't given us anything to help try to explain why!

Please can you give us the debug output from startup of the app + the debug
logs of asking for /, and asking for /a/uri/which/does/not/work ? Also, please
add a Data::Dumper::Dumper to the Catalyst::Engine::prepare_path method - one
at the start to dump $env, and two near the bottom to dump $c->request->uri and
$c->request->base just after they've been assigned to…

Cheers
t0m