On 10/29/2012 04:43 PM, Craig Chant wrote:
> "By the way, what do you need the session-id for? Catalyst handles sessions
> in a transparent way"
>
> To authenticate users, I don't want to store authentication in the hash and
> it seems the only other way to do this is via ORM, which I don't want to use
> either.
>
> I find catalyst whenever I look at how it implements anything to do with DB
> access, it forces ORM upon you, so I need to write my own authentication code
> don't I ?

There are lots of authentication modules on cpan. I guess there is
something for you:

Examples:
        Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::Remote
        -> let the webserver do authenticaion

        Catalyst::Authentication::Credential::HTTP
        -> basic and digest authentication

        Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Htpasswd
        -> use catalyst authentication with htpasswd-files

Or you use Catalyst::Authentication::Store::Minimal, and populate the
config hash within "finalize_config" (If you want to store accounts and
passwords in a file, which has no standard-format. Is this what you
meant with "i don't want to store the autentication in the hash? In that
case: Take a look at Config::Any. It might help you parsing your file.)

https://metacpan.org is your friend :)