Hey all,

I'd like for this upcoming development cycle to spend a little more time
upfront discussion all the different ideas I know floating around for where
Catalyst is going over the time.  When we did the poll last year, many people
said the top thing preventing them from contributing was not knowing what to
do.  We've tried to start to address this by setting shorter (2 month or so)
development cycles with a handful of documented goals, and to communicate those
as well as the start, end and status of the project.  I think that has been
reasonable successful, but I'd like to draw in more concerned citizens, those
of you using Catalyst at work or for learning.  So this time, before we launch
the next dev cycle, I want to spend some time reviewing a bunch of ideas, some
good, some possible bad, others just weird with the community so that we can
discuss them and possible find the best things to work on, as well and improve
the ideas in discussion.

Remember that contribution is not just code, but anyone that helps to advocate
and shape an idea is also contributing.  Anyone that blogs about some of the
ideas and the status of them, and the discussion around them is also
contributing.  Basically, its actually quite hard to not contribute!

I've put together a big list in POD and put it out on github over here:
https://github.com/perl-catalyst/Catalyst-Dev-WildIdeas but starting in a bit I
am going to blog about each item in turn, and try to work together to detail
out the thinking such as to improve it or find it wanting.

These will probably end up in some sort of tracker but for now it seems there's
no consensus as to what that should be, so I just used POD and git which seems
like a rational common denominator.  Perhaps we should also send to this CPAN,
to catch people that don't monitor the mailing list?  Not sure, lets see.

For now you can add github issues, send pull requests, or whatever makes you
happy in terms of improving the ideas.  or write the mailing list.  whatever
works for you.

Thanks for tuning in,

John