You shouldn't try to change the configuration once setup if finished since at
that point everything has been initialized.  if you change stuff there its not
going to do anything.  Whats the actual use case you are trying to achieve here.
FWIW Calling $c->config for application scoped stuff is ok I believe (no
change, just getting the data).  For example if I really need to do a plugin, I
usually do like:
my $adaptor_namespace = sub {  my $app = shift;  if(my $config =
$app->config->{'Plugin::InjectionHelpers'}) {    my $namespace =
$config->{adaptor_namespace};    return $namespace if $namespace;  }  return
'Catalyst::Model::InjectionHelpers';};
to create a way for the plugin to have stuff in the config.  In this case I
also created an anonymous code ref instead of a normal method so that the
plugin would not pollute the application namespace so much.

     On Friday, September 25, 2015 8:40 AM, Bill Moseley <mose...@hank.org>