Cogitationes Cordis Ejus

<http://vultus.stblogs.org/2009/06/cogitationes-cordis-ejus.html>http://vultus.stblogs.org/2009/06/cogitationes-cordis-ejus.html
 


By <http://vultus.stblogs.org>Father Mark  on June 19, 2009 12:31 PM 
| <http://vultus.stblogs.org/2009/06/cogitationes-cordis-ejus.html>Permalink

<http://vultus.stblogs.org/vdolorum.jpg>
vdolorum.jpg


The thoughts of His Heart
are to all generations;
He will save their souls from death
and give them to eat in time of famine.
(Psalm 32:11, 19, Introit of the Mass of the Sacred Heart of Jesus).

To All Generations

The thoughts of the Sacred Heart of Jesus are to all generations, 
touching all, excluding no one. By His death, He rescues us from 
death; by the mysteries of His Body and Blood, He feeds every hungry heart.

All Priests

On the threshold of this Year of the Priest, we recall that the 
thoughts of the Heart of Jesus embrace all priests from the first 
ones assembled with him in the Cenacle on the night before He 
suffered to those who will welcome Him when he returns in glory.

Beset by Sin and Repaired by Love

What are priests if not weak men beset by sin and repaired by love? 
The Heart of Jesus sends out his priests for the healing, 
reconciliation, and restoration of those who, like themselves, stand 
at every moment in need of mercy. Speaking to a priest, Our Lord said:

"There has never been in all of history a single priest whom I have 
not destined for a great holiness. My Heart has suffered much because 
so many of my chosen ones have refused my gifts and, preferring their 
own ways to mine, gone into the outer darkness where it is night.

My Heart burns to see my priests all ablaze with Eucharistic 
holiness. The altar is the source of priestly holiness. The kiss 
given to the altar at the beginning and end of Holy Mass means that 
the priest recognizes this. By kissing the altar, he makes himself 
vulnerable to my piercing love. By kissing the altar he opens himself 
unreservedly to all that I would give him and to all that I hold in 
the designs of my Heart for his life. The kiss to the altar signifies 
total abandonment to the priestly holiness that I desire and to the 
fulfillment of my desires in the soul of my priest.

The holiness to which I call my priests, the holiness to which I am 
calling you, consists in a total configuration to me as I stand 
before my Father in the heavenly sanctuary, beyond the veil. Every 
priest of mine is to be with me both priest and victim in the 
presence of my Father. Every priest is called to stand before the 
altar with pierced hands and feet, with his side wounded, and with 
his head crowned as my head was crowned in my passion. You needn't 
fear this configuration to me; it will bring you only peace of heart, 
joy in the presence of my Father, and that unique intimacy with me 
that I have, from the night before I suffered, reserved for my 
priests, my chosen ones, the friends of my Heart."

My Heart Thirsts for You

Mother Marie des Douleurs, writing for priests in the 1930s,
placed these words in the Heart and mouth of Our Lord:

"I have need of this body of priests
who continually will live their Mass,
who will continue my Passion.
My immolation must go on until the end of time;
I must find priests who will hand over to me
their bodies, their souls, their whole being so that in them,
I may be the one whom nearly no one accepts to recognize,
the Crucified.
You whom I have chosen
and marked for this mission glorious above all others,
will you not understand, will you too go away?
My Heart thirsts for you.
Do you not see all the souls torn away from me?
If my priests do not continue me, I am alone and powerless."

Priests Passionately Loved

Mother's text, like the message of Our Lord to a priest cited above, 
is almost frightening in its lucidity and crushing in its 
implications, but it is meant to inspire today in each one a more 
ardent prayer for all priests, chosen and passionately loved by the 
Sacred Heart of Jesus.

Yes, it's real postage!
<http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>
A Wedding to Always Remember

+
<*}}}>< <http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>A Wedding 
to Always <http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>Remember <*}}}><


Yes, it's real postage!
<http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>
A Wedding to Always Remember

+
<*}}}>< <http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>A Wedding 
to Always <http://holypostage.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=46>Remember <*}}}><

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
Please note that I do not send or open attachments sent to this list. 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Catholics on Fire" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/Catholics-on-Fire

May the blessing of Jesus and our Blessed Mother be with you
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to