A perky little Yellow-crowned Kinglet foraging in the Norway Spruce when I
arrived back home about noon. Also my "mystery" bird singing--a Carolina Wren.
It's fall song had me fooled again. I never expect that sound from any kind of
wren and it catches me by surprise. (Paul Anderson--that was the one I was
trying to figure out last weekend on that dizzly field trip.)

Anyone birding up this end of the lake (Montezuma area) tomorrow? Either
morning and/or afternoon is fine. I'd like to tag along.

        Thanks----Kathy Strickland, Union Springs