Hello Cayugabirders!

If you've ever wondered what the finches that inspired Darwin looked like, stop
by the Lab sometime in the next week and check out the display cases. We have a
selection of finches from the Galapagos on display as part of Darwin Days here
at the Lab.  We're also hosting an event this Saturday from 11-3 with family
friendly activities that explore bird beaks (including making movable beaks out
of paper and trying out different kinds of beaks for foraging) and give you the
chance to isolate DNA. More information here: <http://bit.ly/aLcpTU>

Also-I wanted to plug this coming Monday's seminar speaker Rick Prum, and his
talk entitled "Charles Darwin and the Evolution of Beauty".  Check out the
details here <http://bit.ly/b15NjZ>

Hope to see you here!

charles.

Charles Eldermire
Public Education Outreach Associate
Manager, Sapsucker Woods & Johnson Visitors' Center
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 254-1131