Hi all,

Thanks to Mr. Heist & Kathy Strickland for mentioning that I had used the
incorrect Rd. name for the eagles. Maybe because I've known Armstrong in
Lansing for no less than 30 yrs.! The eagles WERE at the ARMITAGE Rd. nesting
area. However, this afternoon Kathy & I struck out on seeing any.

We saw lots, putting it mildly, of Redwings & Grackles along 89 just before &
along Armitage Rd.. Quite the noise!

A day does make a lot of difference. Snows weren't "covering" the muck but we
saw lots of them flying over. Many stunningly beautiful M & F PINTAILS were
almost invisible, feeding with Mallards, Canadas & A. WIGEON.

On East Rd. by the birdbox we saw a M & F BLUEBIRD. TUNDRA SWANS & various
other waterbirds were on the Knox Marcellus Marsh. From there we could see
SNOWS over on the back side of the muck. Also saw a REDTAIL HAWK sitting on a
nest in a tree across the road from the marsh.

North of Cayuga we saw a TRUMPETER SWAN not too far out from the houses but all
the Tundras I saw yesterday were gone.

We saw Gary K.. He told us about the great numbers of swans he saw on the Main
pool at the refuge. Kathy & I didn't have time to go there.

Hopefully we'll see the Mergansers at Stewart Park before they disappear. I'm
sure we missed the boat by not going to Sodus & Oswego to see ducks & Scoters
when the weather was still nasty.

Fritzie