Hi all,
I missed my regular bus of 4.43 PM, so decided to take the bus after an hour.
But when I came down I had missed this bus too. Then I decided that I will take
bus part of the distance and walk the rest . I was so glad that I missed all
the buses. As  I was waiting I looed around, starlings were having fun. Next
time when I scanned the sky right over Vet school tower was a raptor circling
fairly low. Initially, thought it might be a Turkey Vulture. But in the
beuatiful sun there was no silvery white on the underside of the wing, bird was
brownish rather thatn blacking, short neck and tail was short and wings held in
slight dihedral, short rounded tale. I watched it cirlced sometime fairly low.
I went to the steps of my office builiding to make it my office bird! It looked
like it was deciding a spot to crash for the night. Then it decided to head
towards Mt Pleasant or Monkey Run area.

I think I missed the buses because Ii was destined to see the GOLDEN EAGLE!

After a couple of minutes, a Turkey Vulture passed the same location that
headed straight north, but lazily. What a contrast of colors between two
species that was highlighted by the beautiful sun!

I too observed many geese from  fifth floor of Entomology Dept while in a
meeting late afternoon.

I walked from EAst Hill Plaza to home why Hawthorn Orchard ball fields.
Red-Winged Blackbirds were claiming properties every where singing "It's my
properteee"

It was great evening to walk home.

Cheers
Meena

PS: In the morning I saw and heard a SONG SPARROW at the junction of Ellis
Hollows and PIne Tree Road.