I went with birding with my parents all day today
(Saturday). We drove up the lake. Near King Ferry, we saw a flock
of about a hundred Snow Geese flying around, Blues mixed in.

At Montezuma, there were tons of ducks, and  many Tundra Swans.
Highlights included a close up  Ruddy Duck , and Green-Winged Teals
at the entrance pool. For the whole trip, we saw 19 species of
waterfowl. I also picked out a far away Bald Eagle at Tsache Pool.

 When we got to Chimney Bluff, I hoped to pick out the Western
Grebe. At first, no luck. I got good looks at about five RED-NECKED
GREBES. Then we hiked up to the bluffs and back. My dad said
to give it one more try.I went back to the shore with my telescope. Around five
o clock, I
saw the WESTERN GREBE, swimming right next to a Red- Necked Grebe. Quite a
sight!

 Bruce Packard

Groton