Cayugabirders,
I saw a pair of Merlins taking amorous dives at each other on the
Dryden side of Sapsucker Woods this afternoon.  The male and female
were chattering excitedly just like the pair that has been reclaiming
its previous territory near my house on the edge of Cayuga Heights on
Triphammer Rd.  It would be neat if the Merlins were nesting in
Sapsucker Woods, as it seems reasonable that they might use native
trees like White Pine instead of the planted Norway spruces of which
urban Merlins in the northeast seem to be rather fond.  Keep an eye
out!
Cheers,
Tom

--