After some crow trapping at the compost today (2 crow species; raven came down
but didn't stay), I went out to chase the birds that other people had in Dryden
today.  I found a couple of PECTORAL SANDPIPERS on George Rd, and also 4
sleeping WILSON'S SNIPE along the fence that goes into the pond from the north.
 At Dryden Lake I found the lone RED-NECKED GREBE.

Then, south on West Lake Road I was photographing a very cooperative, and quite
pale American Robin singing beside the road (if you think the dark ones are
males and the pale ones females, you would have missed this one).  An EASTERN
MEADOWLARK was trying to set up a territory, flying back and forth across the
road.  I looked up at a hawk circling overhead and was mildly surprised to see
a ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK.  I guess when it gets this warm I out think all the winter
stuff should be gone.

Kevin

Ithaca, NY 14850
k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>