This morning I saw a pair of OSPREYS atop the nest on the power pole
inside the mining compound visible from Portland Point Road, Lansing.
The birds were copulating, then the male went to the ground and brought
back a stick to add to the nest.  This nest was fully made when I first saw
it this winter, well before Ospreys returned, and I suspect it was built and
probably used by Ospreys last year, but the question is:  Did anybody notice
the nest or birds at it during the 2009 nesting season?  If successful it would
be the first success in Tompkins County in my limited memory and knowledge.