I walked the Wilson Trail between 7:30 and 8:15 and can add an OSPREY to the list of birds in the refuge this morning. The Osprey was perched atop a thin snag at the back of the pond, viewable from the Sherwood Platform. When I went through, the Rusty Blackbirds were foraging in the wet areas just past the Podell Boardwalk from the Lab building.

At Myers at around 8:30, swallows were limited to Tree and Barn, and there was nothing on the point. A Warbling Vireo was singing from Salt Point, and a BLUE-GRAY GNATCATCHER was foraging in the tree tops at the tip of Salt Point. The water was empty but incredibly tranquil.

Anne Marie Johnson