Lots of birds in Shindagin this morning... and one gentlemen dressed in camouflage from head to toe carrying a large gun. I didn't ask what he was hunting.

I started at 8:00 and birded along the road to the bottom of the basin, driving and stopping here and there to walk around a bit. At about 8:45 I drove out and then went up Braley Road to the first parking lot on the left, and hiked from there. Here are the highlights:

Black-throated Blue Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler
Blackburnian Warbler
Ovenbird
Black-and-White Warbler
Louisiana Waterthrush
Northern Waterthrush
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Chestnut-sided Warbler
Brown Thrasher (near water at bottom of basin)
Least Flycatcher (near water at bottom of basin)
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Yellow-billed Cuckoo (heard once)
Hermit Thrush
Wood Thrush