Hi All,
I led a trip to the Roy Park Preserve this morning for a Spring
Ornithology local trip. This was basically a warbler trip. The first  one we
encountered was a male Prairie Warbler. He showed himself  and sang for us. We
saw a
Canada Warbler singing from the bottom of the  gorge (thanks, Peter).
Usually, I hear and see a Louisiana Waterthrush from  there, but not today. We
did
hear one from another river feeding into Six-mile  Creek.  We had great
looks at a Black-throated Green Warbler, actually male  and female.  Common
Yellow-throats were everywhere. Yellow Warblers were  seen or heard.  I did
hear a bird song when we first entered the preserve.  It had a Golden-winged
Warbler song. I searched in vain for that bird.  We listened to it on my Ipod.
On the way back to the car, we actually  saw the bird. It was a Blue-winged
Warbler! It had to have been a  hybrid. We all enjoyed that. We also saw
Magnolia and Chestnut-sided  Warblers while hunting for the Blue-Golden-winged
Warbler plus Scarlet Tanagers,  Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Bobolinks, Eastern
Towhees, and Turkeys  were also heard.  Someone in the group heard a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo.   Wish we all had heard it.  What a morning!
Best, Ann Mitchell