Sorry for the late and lengthy post.  The gist of it is there's a Canada
Warbler singing very close to Hammond Hill Rd. near Irish Settlement and a
winged warbler of indeterminate parentage in the Park Preserve not-seen
but-heard singing alot like a Golden-winged.

Details and other highlights are as follows:  After a visit to Salt Pt., which
was alive with Orchard Orioles, Willow Flycatchers, Warbling Vireos and Yellow
Warblers early yesterday (Sunday) morning, I headed up to Hammond Hill and ran
into Sandy, Bill, and Lisa Podulka who, along with Lynn Leopold, directed me to
a Canada Warbler singing on the brushy slope above the road near the
intersection with Irish Settlement Rd.  I headed back down to the spot, quickly
located the bird by ear, and then persisted for 15 minutes before getting a
glimpse of it.  A little later I got better views of either the same bird and
or a second one ca. 100 yards up the road on the same side.  This time the song
lacked the distinct chip note before the burst that I'd heard in the earlier
bout of singing leading me to think it might be a second bird.

I then went to the Park Preserve where I walked down the Blue Trail past a
singing a Blue-winged Warbler, an Alder Flycatcher along the creek, and other
expected residents. Near the beginning of the Red Trail I heard a singing
Magnolia Warbler in the spruces and while trying to get a look at it, a
Yellow-billed Cuckoo with nesting material in its bill popped out of a nearby
spruce 20 feet away at eye-level and retreated just as I got it focussed in my
scope for a digishot that never happened.  As I continued to look for the
Magnolia the cuckoo popped out twice, each time retreating before I could get
off a shot.

Just past where the Red Trail meets the Orange Trail a Prairie Warbler was
singing persistently in a clearing (with several 20-foot white pines that have
had their lower branches neatly trimmed) and while I was maneuvering to locate
him I heard a winged warbler singing a 5-syllable song that sounds like the
first sample of Golden-winged Warbler on the Stokes Guide CD.  I did not see
the bird, but I recorded the song and got opinions from knowledgeable birders
that range from possible Golden-winged, through probable hybrid, to possible
Blue-winged singing Golden-winged.  I will try to post an mp3 to the web, but
in the meantime if anyone is interested please contact me off-list and I will
send the sound file by email.

Today, a little past noon, I went back and after several circumambulations I
located what I think is the same bird, singing the same song-variant that I
recorded yesterday.  I recorded it again today.  I found this bird on the blue
trail just past (if you're headed in) where the red trail branches off to the
right.  It was in or near some white pines that sit above the end of the narrow
goldenrod meadow that runs along the creek.  Once again I did not see the bird
but heard it close to the trail and then down in the thick brush at the end of
the meadow, so it was 150 to 200 yards away from where I heard it yesterday and
moving yet further away when I left.   On the way out today on the Blue trail
pretty close to the lean-to I heard and saw what I believe is the same Blue
Winged Warbler I digiscoped yesterday and then I am pretty sure I heard yet
another Blue-winged singing bee-bizz while the first one foraged.

One more thing...on the way into the Park Preserve today I heard a Raven
croaking and looked up to see a Turkey Vulture, a Red-tailed Hawk, 6-8 crows,
and the noisy Raven gyring about and mixing it up.

Best...Stuart