After I split up from Mark and the birders at Celia's Cup, I walked
around the Blue Trail. I got a good look at a Scarlet Tanager, and
heard a  Black-Throated Blue Warbler. When I got to the spot
where the Black-and White Warbler hangs out, I saw a
HOODED WARBLER dive in the bushes about ten feet in front of me.
I lost him for a minute, then found him perched on a sapling,
singing his heart out.

      On the walk back, I got good looks at a singing Alder Flycatcher,
Warbling Vireo, and the Brown Thrasher foraging on the trail.
Finally, there was a Raven flying high above, calling out by the parking
lot.

Bruce Packard

Groton